Top Detox Tips
Here are few top detox tips for getting detoxed and staying detoxed!
1. Water: This tops the top detox tips list! It almost doesn’t need an explanation. Water is used in every bodily process, and is necessary for keeping the organs in prime function. When you don’t drink enough water, the body pulls it from muscles, which contract and cramp. Your concentration goes way down, and you start storing any water you do drink for the next major shortage. This means water weight, fatigue, and general malaise. You will keep your body much healthier if you keep it well-hydrated.
2. Lemons and limes: Lemons and limes are a great fruit because they don’t have the amount of sugar found in most fruits. By squeezing them into water or over a fresh salad, you get a great boost of the antioxidant, vitamin C, and you get a cleansing, refreshing, fat free flavor enhancer. They are far better than any other salad dressing you could think of, and they really do make your water more pleasant to drink.
3. Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne is a natural cleansing ingredient that improves circulation and fights off parasites and inflammation. Aside from being a great spice for food, cayenne can be stirred into the occasional glass of cool or hot water for a tea or a quick detox drink. If you are feeling tired, irritable, or like a cold might be coming on, try stirring a pinch of cayenne pepper and a fresh squeeze of lemon into eight ounces of fresh water and drinking it down. There is no need to do this everyday. Save it for occasions when you need an extra immune boost.
4. Papaya: Good papaya is hard to find in North America, but there are many Asian markets in which you can find it year-round. And if you live a little closer to the border or in some of the more Southern states, there is simply no excuse for not enjoying fresh papaya all year long! Papaya is extremely good for your colon and digestion. Papain, a compound in papaya, eases digestion and helps dissolve fecal matter in the colon. This delicious fruit also comes with plenty of vitamins and antioxidants. We recommend it for breakfast, as a meal, or anytime in-between meals!
5. Garlic: Garlic is one of those foods that seems too good to be true. It is a delicious addition to nearly any savory dish, it is also antiparasitic and naturally cleansing. Garlic is great for the blood, liver, and kidneys, and, while it may taint the breath a bit, it keeps skin youthful and certain invasive fungi under control. It is best raw, of course, but roasting it is okay once in a while too. For the best benefits, juice it up with some dark leafy greens.
Remember, staying detoxed means caring for your body everyday. It doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a treat. Use moderation and these top detox tips to help your body stay cleansed and healthy!