Liver Cleansing Diet
Yuri Elkaim, BPHE, CK, RHN & Amy Coates, RHN, BSc.
Alcohol consumption is not the only thing that effects how well your liver functions. The liver is part of the digestive system which is greatly affected by what we eat as well as what we drink. Eating foods that are loaded with sugars and fats allow our bodies the opportunity to absorb harmful toxins into our tissues. Signs that your body is in need of detoxification are chronic fatigue and irritability as well as inability to sleep and weight gain. It is simple to detoxify your body by following a simple liver cleansing diet.
When embarking on a liver cleansing diet you need to remember a few key points. First, drink lots of water and have set meal times. Water helps your body remove the excess waste that is built up. Having specific meal times conditions your body to be hungry at certain times, this avoids over eating at other times. Here is a list of positive foods to eat as part of a liver cleansing diet:
- Berries – cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries. Berries are packed with antioxidants that help fight off free radicals.
- Apples, bananas, cantaloupe – fruits in general have a high water content which helps the body flush away waste.
- Raw, unsalted nuts and seeds – sunflower seeds, pumpkin sees, walnuts, cashews, almonds. Nuts are an excellent source of energy. Peanuts are not recommended because they contain a higher fat content. Nut spreads are not recommended either.
- Veggies – dark leafy greens such as romaine and spinach contain beneficial nutrients for your body.
- Non- glutenous grains – gluten is a protein in wheat, rye and barley that causes our bodies to feel bogged down. Safe alternatives are brown rice, rice pasta, quinoa, buckwheat and amaranth.
- Garlic – garlic is one of the best things you can put in your body. It has beneficial properties that helps it heal and restore your body. Holistic doctors rave that fresh crushed garlic is equivalent to a “wonder drug.”
By changing your diet to include mostly these foods you will be able to detoxify your liver in 30 days. You will notice an increase in bowel movements. This is a sign that the detoxification process is working. Within the first two weeks you will discover increased mental clarity, increased skin conditions and significantly less fatigue and irritability. A liver cleansing diet helps remove toxins, fat and waste that have built up in the body over time. It improves digestion and allows for nutrients to better be absorbed to support and protect the liver. A cleansing diet is also a great way to start a weight loss program. While detoxing you should avoid all foods with sugars and excessive fats as well as alcohol and dairy products.
Discover the Total Wellness Cleanse™ Today
Download Your FREE Report Now!
Discover "The Toxic Side of Food"- ABSOLUTELY FREE!
1. Get instant access to our 8-part e-course called the "Toxic Side of Food". Every other day (over the next 2 weeks) you will receive a new and mind-blowing lesson about how the foods you're currently eating are keeping you fat, making you sick, and draining your energy, as well as, strateiges you can use to keep your body toxin-free, vital, and as healthy as possible.
2. You will also receive a FREE subscription to our bi-weekly Liv Well email newsletter where you'll discover tools and strategies to living your healthiest, fittest, and most energetic life ever!!!
Simply enter your name and email address below and I will immediately send you your 2 FREE gifts.
All these gifts are yours FREE as a Thank You for visiting our website.