Safe Cleansing Diets
Yuri Elkaim, BPHE, CK, RHN & Amy Coates, RHN, BSc.
There are many options available on the market today for colon cleansing. Consumers can choose from pills and supplements, specific diet plans or colonics. One of the simplest and safest ways to detoxify your body is through a holistic cleansing diet. Safe cleansing diets are easy to follow and are recommended for thirty days. The main reason people choose a cleansing diet is to rid their bodies of the toxins, fats and heavy metals that have built up in the tissues over the years. Signs that you are in needs of internal cleansing are fatigue, weight gain, acne and irritability.
Fruits are a powerful food. Over half of all Americans do not buy fruit in their weekly shopping trip. It is recommended that those wishing to detoxify their body eat a lot of fruit. Fruits are loaded with fiber to help curb hunger. By eating only fruit until noon each day you give your body the proper nutrients it needs to detox after meals later in the day. Fruits can be used to curb hunger and sweet cravings. The natural sugars in fruit prevent our bodies from the sugar high and low rollercoaster that causes an energy crash in the afternoon.
Antioxidants that are found in blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are ideal for fighting off free radical damage. The low fat content of fruit is also beneficial for those looking to loose weight with safe cleansing diets. When lunch and dinner times roll around it is imperative to create meals that do not mix carbohydrates with proteins.
Two separate enzymes are needed to break these down in the digestive tract. When both enzymes are present at the same time they partially negate each other which greatly slows digestion. This is the reason that we feel weighed down after eating lasagna or steak and potatoes. Some healthy alternatives are:
- Grilled pork chops with steamed veggies
- Salmon on top of a salad made with dark leafy greens
- Grilled chicken with grilled veggies (no butter)
The right meal combinations will help your body detoxification process immensely. After eating, enjoy a quick twenty to thirty minute walk. This will jump start the digestion process to help the right nutrients be absorbed before the bad nutrients are. While participating in safe cleansing diets it is necessary to avoid the following:
- Soda and coffee
- Processed foods
- Pre-made meals
- Sugars, products containing sugar and sugar alternatives
- Dairy products – creamer, milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, cream cheese
- Gluten products – anything that has the main ingredient as flour or a derivative of wheat, rye or barley. This includes foods with caramel food coloring.
For any cooking that involves oil, use coconut oil as it can resist very high temperatures. Garlic is a natural healing food. Adding fresh minced garlic to any meal will benefit the body in its cleansing process with safe cleansing diets.
Discover the Total Wellness Cleanse™ Today
Download Your FREE Report Now!
Discover "The Toxic Side of Food"- ABSOLUTELY FREE!
1. Get instant access to our 8-part e-course called the "Toxic Side of Food". Every other day (over the next 2 weeks) you will receive a new and mind-blowing lesson about how the foods you're currently eating are keeping you fat, making you sick, and draining your energy, as well as, strateiges you can use to keep your body toxin-free, vital, and as healthy as possible.
2. You will also receive a FREE subscription to our bi-weekly Liv Well email newsletter where you'll discover tools and strategies to living your healthiest, fittest, and most energetic life ever!!!
Simply enter your name and email address below and I will immediately send you your 2 FREE gifts.
All these gifts are yours FREE as a Thank You for visiting our website.